When she finally calmed down. I was able to get her to sit still so that I can fix her hair for the day.
And now we're ready for today's adventure!
We started off by visiting the Golden Gate Bridge.
I've lived in San Francisco while I was little and have also visited almost yearly throughout my childhood and yet, I have never actually visited the Golden Gate Bridge! We attempted once, but it was late at night and freezing cold, so we only ended up at a mall close by. Well, time to make up for that!
I also wanted a cool shot of us walking on the bridge. So off we went! I'm not gonna lie though. I was pretty scurred. Hahaha. I started thinking about how stable it would be if an earthquake would hit right then and there. Probably not the best thoughts to have while walking pretty far out onto the bridge. None-the-less, we got far enough for our comfort and got our photos.
Now it was time for us to search for the "Hearts In San Francisco". There are these heart sculptures all over San Francisco. It was started by the San Francisco General Hospital Foundation in 2004 as a fundraiser. We knew we weren't going to find all of them, but I knew that at least a few we're fairly close to each other.
The first one we found is one of the more famous ones as far as social media can claim. Probably because it's located right in Union Square.
I love this one because it's a piece showing off the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. It's called "America's Greatest City."
It was already getting pretty chilly though, so we probably only had a chance to find one more heart, which is located over at the Pier. So that's a nice two-fer. We get to take Zoë to the pier and find a 2nd heart!
While walking to the pier, there was also a really pretty structure that caught my eye. You see it right after crossing the street to get to the pier and right before you actually step onto the pier. It looks like a flower crown. Whatever, I thought it as pretty! So here you go.
And here's the witto monkey's first stops onto the pier.
The pier was definitely much colder. While taking a few shots in the middle of the pier, you can tell Zoë just wanted to snuggle. I was able to have her let go for a smile though!
Before finding the heart, we wanted to show her the Sea Lions!
We didn't last long there though because Zoë hated the smell of fish! Hahahaha. And the stench was pretty strong. So we kept walking to get away from the Sea Lions as well as walk to the end of the pier, which was were got to check out a pretty cool view of Alcatraz.
That was also where the heart was! We did have to wait in line though. Which meant Zoë got to explore our surroundings a bit. Which also meant, she was going to climb objects that invited her to. Like this...
And then it was our turn in front of the heart. This one's called "Open Heart."
On the way out, we all could not resist having some ice cream even though it was unbelievably cold outside.
And that was it. Only thing left to do in San Francisco is have some delicious dinner! Which we decided to have over at San Tung! Of course we ordered the chicken. I mean, we could've JUST ordered that and have been fine, but we figured might as well try other stuff while we're at it. So we added the dry black bean noodles, since they seem to be pretty popular as well and their leech and shrimp dumplings.
As always, the chicken was superb. The dry black bean noodles was also super delish! Even Zoë went to town on that.
As for the dumplings, they were totally subpar. Definitely never ordering that again.
And there you have it folks. The last night of our trip. All that's left is to head to the hotel, packup, and go home. Peace out!


No comments:
Post a Comment