Zoe Riley and Jaxon Drake

our witto siblings  08.12.2015   |12.31.2019

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Peacefully In Heaven

My grandma has passed away this morning. Although I'm sad that I no longer have the chance to see her again, she lived a very long life of 94 years and I know that she is no longer in pain or suffering.

She was the only grandparent I ever got to truly know. My Dad's Mom passed away when he was young and my Dad's Dad passed away when I was younger than four. My Mom never met my Dad, so all we had was my Grandma. She came to live with us back when I was in elementary school. We lived off of Catskill in Carson, CA. She took care of us while we were all little. She made us lunch when we got home from school and watched us play until our Mom and Dad came home. We all remember her macaroni and cheese because it was always sweet. She cooked it and added sugar every time. She also always made her famous Dinengdeng, which is a Filipino dish full of vegetables. She also loved to sew. When I was little, she made me and my brothers pajamas. They were simple, but comfy and nice. In 2007, my Grandma got her wish. We took her back home to the Philippines. It was her wish to live there for the rest of her life. That was the last time I got to spend with her. And now, 10 years later, she has moved on to heaven. Rest in peace Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment