Zoe Riley and Jaxon Drake

our witto siblings  08.12.2015   |12.31.2019

Monday, October 14, 2019

Zoë Has Cavities, Oh No!

We noticed that Zoë's teeth had little grey spots on them and after googling it, it said it's most likely cavities. I booked her a dentist appointment immediately and they had her scheduled for today.

Since they had nothing available on Saturdays and were really only open on Mondays and Thursdays, we had no choice but to schedule the latest appointment possible on a Monday.

Luckily Jeric gets off at 4:00 pm and was able to get to the dentist 10 minutes before her appointment. I went straight there after work to meet them up and arrived only 5 minutes after her scheduled appointment. We waited and waited and Zoë started getting antsy and bored. We even tried giving her our phones and she also played with the few toddler toys lying around, but neither of those kept her attention for too long. I mean, it was already an hour after her scheduled appointment!

I went up to the receptionist to see how much longer it was going to be and she straight up said that it's a 3 hour wait on average. What?!?!?! OMG that's unbelievably ridiculous.

Anyways, we couldn't turn back now and after waiting almost 2 hours, we were finally seen.

Poor Zoë she was all smiles and wasn't sure what she was in for.


The dentist confirmed that she definitely has cavities. But, they said they can't take x-rays since she's a toddler, so all they did was cleaning. The last time Zoë had her teeth cleaned here, the dentist was really gentle. This time, not so much. Plus, she had Zoë hold onto the spit vacuum. Uhhh, she's a four year old! What are you doing giving that to her??? I think that really made the teeth cleaning a bad experience for Zoë. She was crying out for me as they cleaned her teeth and all I could do was hold her hand and try to help her with the spit vacuum.

In the end, they didn't have conclusive evidence of Zoë's cavities, so we were told we needed to see a specialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment